If you like the crunchy top of the muffin, then you will LOVE these muffins! These muffins are crunchy and sweet all the way through. The balance of the sweetness of the blueberries with the tang of the lemon is practically perfect!
Blueberry Lemon MuffinsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
The perfect muffin with a crispy top with a soft, moist center!
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sunflower/vegetable oil
1 flax egg
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 1/2 tsp lemon extract
zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- Make your flax egg. Mix 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp warm water in a bowl. Let sit while you mix your dry ingredients.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and corn starch together.
- Add in flax egg, non-dairy milk, vegetable oil, and lemon extract. Mix until just combined. Do NOT over mix!
- Fold in lemon zest and blueberries with a spatula or fork.
- Spoon mixture into lined cupcake pan. Mixture should fill 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until top of muffin is crispy and a toothpick comes out without wet batter.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool. Enjoy!