You can never go wrong with THE perfect pea soup! We’ve got our delicious, yummy, and completely vegan version here…just for you!
Pea soup is a staple recipe due to how fast, easy, and great for meal prep it is. It’s perfect to make at the beginning of the week or to freeze and save for later. You can decide if you prefer using fresh or frozen peas, or even dried peas, and you’ll still get a wonderful flavor either way. As an appetizer or dinner, we can’t recommend this recipe enough and hope you find it just as enjoyable as us.
Pea SoupCourse: Appetizers, Soups
The perfect homemade pea soup is ready to be enjoyed! Vegan, grain-free and delicious, this is the easiest soup recipe to make.
2 cups dry peas (follow packet instructions) or 4 cups fresh/frozen peas
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp cumin
himalayan pink salt
- If using dry peas, follow directions on the package first before continuing!
- Bring peas, broth, carrots and onions to a rolling boil, then simmer for 15, or until peas are done.
- Remove from heat.
- Add coconut milk, cumin and use hand mixer (or blender) to blend until smooth with a your preferred texture. We like it with some peas still chunky!
- Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with some fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- If using dried peas, follow the instructions on the box or bag accordingly. We recommend cooking 2 cups of dried peas for this recipe.