It’s time for some gluten-free vegan lasagna y’all! We’ve made that cheesy, saucy baked pasta dish gluten-free AND vegan with that homemade vegan ricotta cheese we can’t stop talking about!
Lasagna is a dish that our family used to make while I was growing up because it was cheap, it fills the family up, and it stores wonderfully! On top of being family-friendly, it’s also a great meal-prep dish as you can pre-make it and store in the fridge, even freeze, until ready to bake! For under $15 you can make a dish the whole family loves and still have leftovers for later!
In this recipe I used my vegan tofu ricotta, gluten-free Barilla lasagna noodles, fresh, organic zucchini slices and marinara sauce, but there’s always room to get creative! For example, if you are feeling extra “veggie-licious”, we like to add fresh tomatoes, crushed garlic, yellow squash, and mushrooms. Feeling “meaty”? Add 1/2 pound of ground plant-based crumbles to the marinara sauce to add some weight! Just wanting a basic cheese lasagna? Forget all the veggies and meat and go full on cheese by doubling up on the shredded and ricotta cheese!
As you can see, you can make lasagna so many different ways. Meaty, cheesy, or veggie, get creative and enjoy the best allergy-friendly lasagna!
Vegan LasagnaCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
A gluten-free vegan take on the classic baked pasta dish.
1 package Barilla gluten-free lasagna noodles – ready-to-bake
1 recipe worth of our tofu ricotta
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1.5-2 jars of your favorite marinara/tomato sauce
1 package Follow Your Heart Pizzeria or Mozzarella shreds
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
1/2 package mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb plant-based “beef” crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375′.
- Pour ~1/2 cup of marinara sauce into bottom of a glass 9×13 pan. Spread along the entire bottom and edges.
- Lay 4 noodles down then add ricotta. Add a layer of zucchini on top then finish with a layer of sauce. Repeat starting with another layer of noodles. After final layer of noodles are down, pour remainder of sauce on top and along edge of pan.
- Add package of shredded cheese on top and along the edges. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, remove foil, bake an additional 15.
- Remove from oven. Let rest for 10 minutes then serve immediately. If storing, let cool completely before putting in fridge or freezer.
If you’ve been missing lasagna, this will be the recipe that reminds you of this classic dish. This gluten-free vegan lasagna recipe has the approval of EVERY SINGLE MEAT and DAIRY eater I have given it to. I give this recipe to the toughest critics and it has never failed me! In other words, if I have the confidence in this recipe, then so should you!
What type of pasta dishes do you miss the most? Have a recipe that you want us to make vegan? Keep us in mind and let us know what we need to try next! In short, we never say no to good challenge!